Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Bird Gang vs Raider Nation

What I want to see on Sunday
Raider Nation is coming to town this weekend.  I want to see them leave bruised up and wishing they never came.  Our D better unload on them and show everyone who they really are.  I also want to see "the Red Sea rise up", as Wolfley says, for the home opener.  I'll be there, and the rest of the Cards fans better represent for the first game.  I'm hoping too many Cardinals fans didn't sell their tickets for the cash.  Raider fan is one of the worst kinds of fans to host in your stadium.  After we kick their ass they will probably be picking fights. 

What I want to see on Defense
Per Kent Somers the defense held a players only meeting on Wednesday.  A-Dub wouldn't talk about it because he was so angry.  That's actually good news to me.  It sounds like the Bird Gang is fired up.  Adrian Wilson is the last person you want to piss off.  I feel bad for the Raiders. 

I want to see some of the new guys step up this weekend.  The first one I want to see step up is Joey Porter.  I love the leadership he brings off the field, but he's got to start bringing it on the field too.  I'm seeing Calais, Dock, and Haggans all bring the pressure in the first two games, but I haven't seen Joey bring it so far this year.  Getting to the quarterback is the whole reason we brought him in here. 

Speaking of nosetackle, I'm really hoping they put big Gabe Watson in this week.  I'm glad we drafted Dan Williams in the first round and kept B-Rob, but big Gabe was the best damn nosetackle I saw in the preseason.  He was bringing the heat on every rep he got, and Billy Davis hasn't activated him at all in the first two games.  I would think Billy would want that third nosetackle for the rotation, especially with the offense having trouble converting third downs.

If Joey can't step up and bring heat from the outside, then we should consider switching to a 4-3 because I think that will give us the best front seven.  We have 3 solid nosetackles, and we only have one outside linebacker playing well right now.  Paris is versatile enough to man the other outside spot in a 4-3, or we could move Daryl Washington out there as well.  Dansby played well outside in a 4-3.  Whiz always tries to put the 11 best guys on the field, so I would think that should apply to defense as well.

What I want to see on offense
This one is pretty obvious.  I want to see them convert a third down.  We need to sustain drives and keep the defense off the field.  That all starts at the quarterback position.  I want to see some improvement in DA.  He doesn't have to become Kurt Warner this weekend, but he does have to get better then he has been in the last two games.  He needs to stop throwing the ball in the dirt and give these receivers a chance. 

I also want to see them run all over this team.  Beanie is finally back and ready to go.  I can't believe he got his knee scoped and nobody knew about it.  He completes the three headed monster with Timmy and LSH. If we run the ball effectively then DA can't throw it into the ground.  Our O-Line is built to run block too.  Faneca may be out this weekend, but Rex Hadnot will fill in just fine.  He's a mauler and I kind of want to see him in game action. 

Fitz may have trouble because Nmandi is arguably as good or better then the famous Revis island. He doesn't get as much national credit because he's not in New York.  Our other receivers should step up, or we should send Fitz all over the field.  It should be a great battle, and I'm looking forward to watching it.

Prediction
I think it is going to be 27-13 Cardinals over the Raiders.  The D is going to be fired up for the home opener and feed off the crowd.  I just hope DA doesn't go out there and completely blow it.  I may start some "we want Hall" chants in the 2nd half.  He may be young and not know everything but at least he has shown some accuracy.  Throwing the ball where you intend to throw it is a pretty important skill for a quarterback, so hopefully DA can start to do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment