Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Game Summary: Cardinals vs Bears

Cardinals 14 - Bears 9




First Things First
Before I even get into the quarterback situation, I have got to show a little love to the defense with the first team pitching a shutout.  We blocked a field goal and Gould shanked one, but our D looked damn good last night and that's exciting to see.  Adding D.W. and Toler added a different level of speed to that back half of the field.  The Defense was flying to the ball and playing with passion.  That's what I wanted to see.  If the Linebackers and Secondary can play at the level of the D-Line then the Birdgang is going to have a top 5 defense.



 The Big Story
So what is Whiz going to do?  Is he really going to bench Leinart and start DA?  I think there is no way he can do that.  If he does, I'll support it, because like I've said before he knows a hell of a lot more then I do about how to coach a team in the NFL.  I think Matt has earned it.  From everything I've read this offseason he has put in work, but don't listen to me, this is a quote from Norm Chow from 710ESPN Los Angeles.
 "You know, he started out well and then whatever happened, happened, but I still think he’s going to have a terrific career," Chow said. "I’ve talked with him over the offseason, I know how hard he’s working, how much this means to him. I don’t have any question in my mind that he’s going to be successful at that level."  Chow is the legendary college Offensive Coordinator who coached him in college and is now at UCLA.

Leinart has been efficient and accurate and managed the game well all preseason.  He came out with fire last night and went 9 for 10 for a td and would have had led the offense to another td if Beanie didn't fumble.  Maybe Whiz has seen something in practice.  Maybe he hears something from some of the players.  Maybe they don't want to deal with that $11 million dollar roster bonus he's due after the season, but I agree with Norm that I think Matt is going to have a terrific career in the league. I hope its for us.  Maybe I'm wrong and all the haters out there are right and he'll fall on his face, but I don't think so and I hope Whiz gives Matt a chance to prove the haters wrong.


Quick Hits
-How about Timmy last night?  He was running like a man on a mission.  He was showing some Ricky Bobby shake and bake out there.  Maybe that'll quiet down all the Beanie rumblings.  He really is one of the most underrated running backs in the league.  He can run, catch, and block, and that makes him a complete back. You can see why Whiz loves him but he doesn't seem to get the respect he deserves, at least yet.
-What about that dive by Stevie B into the end zone?  Part of me thinks he was doing that for his quarterback, because he wanted Matt to get a td pass on the books. 
-That trio of undrafted rookies look damn good.  Max Hall, Stephen Williams, and Max Komar have all been solid finds.  I don't know if all 3 can make the roster, but they are all making a strong push. 
-How long is Whiz going to make us wait?  What more does he need to see?  I think he knows by now, so he is just going to torture us and Matt until he makes it public.



-Ozzy

No comments:

Post a Comment