Search This Blog

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Breaking Down The Bears Game

What do we want to see tonight?


Offense

I think its pretty obvious what we want to see tonight on offense.  We want to see some good play from the quarterback position.  We were spoiled with Kurt Warner, and we didn't even realize it.  I've made it clear I'm on team Leinart, but if DA looks good I'll support him.  From DA we want consistency.  He can't throw only 1 out of 3 passes on target and just completely miss on the other passes, or I think he is still in danger of being cut.  From Leinart we want to see confidence.  He needs to go out there and own the field.  He needs to believe in himself and move the ball.  He needs to make Whiz look like fool for even doubting him.  It would help if the line can give him some time to throw the ball.  It would also help if the running back didn't lose yards on 2nd down after he just made an 8 yard throw. 

Defense

On defense I'm looking for Daryl Washington and Greg Toler to come out and play well in their first chance with the starters.  We need both of them to step up this year if our D is going to have a chance at being a top 10 defense in this league.  I think we have the best defensive line in the NFL, so we really need our cornerbacks and linebackers not to get beat on short routes.  If you give Nine-0, Calais, and Joey 3 seconds one of them will get to the qb and disrupt the play.  The Bears pass the ball a lot, and I don't want to see our secondary get eaten alive the way it was in the playoffs.  I don't know if it's the players or the zones Billy Davis is using, but a good quarterback seems to have no problem picking us apart.  That needs to stop and that needs to stop now.

Wrap Up

"Who in the hell treats the 3rd game of the preseason like it's some kind of ...?"
This is probably the biggest game of Leinart's career.  He's like a 16 year old that needs to get an A to get that new Ford Mustang his dad promised him.  Our offensive is loaded with weapons, and any decent quarterback should be able to put up big numbers this year.  All you have to do is get the ball near Fitz and he'll make the catch.  Beanie and LSH are poised to break out on to the national scene and Timmy will be as consistent as always.  I really have my doubts about Whiz not showing confidence in Leinart, but he knows a hell of a lot more than I do about coaching football.

In Whisenhunt we trust,
Ozzy

1 comment:

  1. Ozzy,

    I am starting to second guess my doubt in Leinart. At least for now anyway. Matt walked on the field tonight with a different sort of swagger and determination than he has had in a very loooong time. It was good to see and he played really well. Hopefully he can keep it up. He looked good and he showed glimpses of looking damn good. Some of my friends and family call me a "crapper" say I crap a lot and can have a negative attitude about things. I say, I just tell it like it is. Having concerns about Leinart is expected considering his half ass play prior to this evening. Maybe I am wrong about Leinart, hope so, he still has a lot to prove.

    Doobs

    ReplyDelete